You can order domains easily by using the
of the Domain Registration System of Knipp.
The only prerequisite is that you must be
a registered customer of
easy and can be done in just a few steps.
Another possiblity is to order domains
via e-mail application form
The e-mail registration has the advantage that it can be done automatically.
Many customers use robots on their web site that send e-mail application forms to us.
However, using these forms is suited for experts only, since they contain quite a
few technical terms, which are unfortunately necessary. We have prepared a page
which will help
you to complete the form.
Queries concerning the
and other domain contacts can be made by using our
Price and performance
At Knipp you don't have to pay through your nose for the popular
tel-domains. You get .tel domains for similar favorable conditions
as we also offer them for .eu domains, for example.
Please refer to our price list
for the details.
Moreover, we also provide a large bundle
of additional services
For our customers, these services are available
without any additional costs.
Rules of allocation
The allocation method for .tel is »first-come-first-served«
Domain names are subject to the
standard registration terms and conditions as laid down in the
Acceptable Use Policy
A summary of the technical requirements for .tel domain names is as follows:
- Domain names must contain a minimum of 2 characters selected from the letters
"a" to "z" or "A" to "Z" in standard US ASCII character set, the
digits "0" to "9" and the hyphen ("-");
- containing a maximum of 63 characters (not including the ".tel"
- Domain names must contain at least one letter ("a" to "z" or "A" to "Z") in
standard US ASCII script;
- Domain names may not begin or end with a hyphen ("-");
- Domain names may not contain a hyphen ("-") in the 3rd and 4th positions except
Internationalized Domain Names in ASCII-encoded
representation that conform to the Registry IDN Policy for the
script or language they are associated with; and
- Not allowed are one-letter and single-digit (e.g., a.tel or 9.tel) domains
- Also not allowed are all two-character country code top level domains (ccTLDs, such as uk.tel for example)
- Since October 15th 2013 it is allows to regsiter .tel domain names consisting of digits only. Prerequisite is
a length of eight or more digits (e.g., 12345678.tel).
The policies that govern IDN registrations
are listed below.
These policies are subject to amendment pending final approval.